Friday 23 March 2012

Oh no you di'nt

Soo, I was doing my thing, floating about various systems, not doing much of anything... I headed to one of my hotspots for acquisition of tears or lols... otherwise known as Deepari, I try not to frequent the area too much so I don't draw attention to myself, but its not exactly a secret that I go there to shoot at whomever decides to present a target, be it from can flipping or general greifing.

I had all but become bored as the system was very quiet and not a lot was actually happening, when I stumbled across something which struck me as out of place...

An Augoror (logistic support ship) was apparently mining. More importantly, he was mining into a jet-can (putting the minerals he mines into an external container). Prime conditions for some can flip antics, In preparation for my attack, I do some basic research... firstly, how old is the toon... I discover he's nearly 6 years in game.

This smacks of some kind of trap. An Old character using an often overlooked ship doing something which is not a strong point of that ships design... its all too out of place.

I start to dig more, now expecting a counter attack from a prepared character deliberately undertaking actions which would entice opportune can flippers. I check eve-kill for his history, expecting a tirade of kills which could be related to such actions. Instead... I find...


nothing

I check battleclinic...


nothing


This toon is nearly 6 years old, and NEVER lost a ship? I don't think I of all people can allow someone that kind of grace, this is EVE ... everyone looses ships.

one swift refit later into a deliberately designed low cost Tornado, and back to Deepari I go, fully understanding that the cost of my loss is utterly ridiculous compared to the kill I'm about to undertake, but its the principle of the matter... no losses ... ever.. screw that, time to correct the matter.

and so, with a swift and deliberate strike from my 1400mm cannons his ship explodes, and local went a bit like this (while I was busy pissing myself with laughter):

The Watcher > my ship just got blown up
Zammo Bahrut > whoops
Zammo Bahrut > was that you ?
The Watcher > what happen?
The Watcher > i waz just minning
Zammo Bahrut > did you press the wrong button? [troll mode engaged ]
Melyor Le'line > Got canflipped I take it?
The Watcher > i see a glimps of a message about a worp block
The Watcher > and police
The Watcher > wooo gutting, had a good setup on that ship:(
 Melyor Le'line > Eh, CONCORD doesn't show up if you were "just mining"...
The Watcher > yeah, i have no idea what happen


to the unknowing 'The Watcher' character; I have no apologies, your combat record needed adjustment.


No comments:

Post a Comment